As well as Moodle there are a lot of eLearning tools available for use at the University of Otago – some centrally supported, some available through the Otago Medical School and other freely available. Below is a list of other places you can look for information – don’t forget the eLearning Facilitators are always available to help you explore different options.
- ITS eLearning Toolbox (www.otago.ac.nz/its)
- ITS eResearch Toolbox (www.otago.ac.nz/its)
- What is KuraCloud? (kuracloud.com)
- Bracken (brackenlearning.com)
- Teaching and Learning in Health Sciences blog (blogs.otago.ac.nz)
- Otago Capture (www.otago.ac.nz/its)
A few tools to be aware of:
- iPad Loan – loans of 15 or 30 iPads for use in teaching, research or administration from ITS. iPads are available from all main campuses. See the eLearning toolbox above for more information.
- KuraCloud – an interactive content platform used by Cases in ELM. Contact your eLearning Facilitator to discuss this option.
- Bracken – video recording system for iPads used currently in ELM Clinical Skills to record OSCE Examinations for examiner and self assessment. Contact your eLearning Facilitator to discuss this option.
- Teaching and Learning in Health Sciences – a useful blog to keep an eye on for tips, tricks and new developments in teaching and learning especially tailored for the Health Sciences division at the University of Otago. See the resources above for more information.
- Otago Capture – centrally supported lecture recording system which allows automatic recordings in main lecture theatres but also from your own laptop or desktop computer. See details above for more information.