Turnitin provides similarity reports to aid with academic integrity. These reports can be viewed in a variety of different ways based on their setup.
How to view an Assignment Similarity Report
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to the Assignment in question.
- Click on the Assignment as you would to grade it.
- Click Grade.
- If a submission has been made you will see a Turnitin ID and a similarity score in the right hand panel. If you don’t see a score the report is still pending.
- Click on the score to view the Turnitin Similarity Report – this will load in a new tab.
- The report offers a number of features:
- Match Overview – this shows you the various matches and sources throughout the submission.
- All sources – this shows you all the sources and allows you to highlight the portions of the submission that match those sources. Here you can exclude sources if required.
- Filter and Settings – here you can exclude bibliographies and quotes if required
- Excluded sources – here you will see a list of sources excluded from the report.
- Download – here you can download the current view, digital receipt or the originally submitted file.
- Info – contains information about the submission.
- Close the tab when you’re finished.