Sections (often called Topics) are seperate areas of a course – they’re useful if you want to group content together into related sections: Course info, Assessment etc.
How to create a section
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course where you want to add a section.
- Make sure editing is turned on (Turn editing on – piece of paper with pen icon in the top left hand corner).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the button with a + symbol in it below the final section – click it.
- A new Section/Topic will be added to the bottom of the page – click the pencil icon next to its name to rename it.
- Click Edit in the top right hand corner of the new section to change its settings (Edit topic).
How to hide a section
- Make sure editing is turned on in your course (Turn editing on – piece of paper with pen icon in the top left hand corner).
- Find the section you want to hide.
- Click Edit in the top right hand corner and select Hide topic from menu that appears.
- To show the section again repeat step 3 and select Show topic.