A link or URL (Uniform or Universal Resource Locator) is the address to a page or file on the internet. You can use URLs to provide your students with useful resources.
- URL resource settings (Moodle.org)
How to add a URL
- Login to Moodle and navigate to where you want the URL to appear.
- Make sure editing is turned on – click the orange Turn editing on button in the top right hand corner (if you can’t see the button you probably don’t have editing rights – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this).
- Copy the URL from the original source – usually the address bar of your browser. Make sure you grab everything http://www….etc.
- Back in Moodle click Add an activity or resource in the area you want the URL to appear.
- Select URL from the list (it’s right near the bottom).
- Give your URL a name (this is what the students will see), paste the copied URL from step 4 into the External URL box. You can also decide if the URL is visible (in Common module settings) or restricted to a certain user or user group (Restrict access).
- Click Save and return to course.