There are times when it is necessary to have external graders in your course whilst having their access to content limited to only the assessment they’re required to grade.
- Assign Roles (Moodle.org)
Access via Assigned Roles
This technique is useful if you have a small number of graders and small number of assessment items. To begin make sure the external graders are given the role of Guest user in your course – you may need to contact your eLearning Facilitator to get this done.
- Login to Moodle and navigate to your course.
- Make sure editing is turned on (Turn editing on – piece of paper with pen icon in the top left hand corner).
- Locate the assessment you want your external grader/s to have access to and click Edit (to the right of the assessment name) and select Assign roles.
- Click on the Staff role.
- Find your external grader in the Potential users list and add them to the Existing users.
- Click Back to the list of all roles at the bottom of the page when you’re finished.
- You should now see your external grader’s name in the Users with role column for Staff.
If this method doesn’t fit your needs, contact your eLearning Facilitator to discuss.