Question Banks are a useful way to create a repository of questions that can be reused in multiple quizzes across different courses (if required). Question Banks are categorised to make reuse easier.
Adding Questions to a Question Bank
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course you’re wanting to create questions for.
- Click Course Administration > Question Bank from the Administration panel (usually in they grey block on the right-hand side of the page).
- You should now see all the categories available to your course as well as all the questions available.
- Select the category you want to work with and click Create a new question.
- Pick the question type and click Add.
- Create the question and click Save changes.
- Note: if you create a quiz and add a new question, it will add them to a default category which can be difficult to work with later. If you have set categories up in advance, you can select the correct category when you add a new question. This makes organising questions for use in multiple assessments much easier.
When you’re creating a new quiz and new questions if you select the category for each question this will then add them to the category.
Using a Question Bank
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course you’re going to create your quiz in.
- Make sure editing is turned on (orange button in the top right-hand corner).
- Set up a quiz and start to add questions – select from a question bank from the Add question menu.
- Select the category (question bank) that you want to use and then select the questions you want to add.
- Click Add selected questions to the quiz.