Otago Capture is provided by Echo360. Their software roadmap includes a range of features that are scheduled to be released periodically.
- The ability to add multiple videos to a class.
- Synchronising the student view of a presentation to the slide a presenter is on.
- The ability to search metadata tags and descriptions of classroom items.
- Bulk assignment of content ownership.
- The ability to share a video to those logged into Otago Capture but not within a specific course.
- HTTPS Live Streaming – No flash plugin required
- Enhanced video editor – simpler interface/drag’n’drop and the ability to edit together multiple videos
- New interface for CCAP and PCAP
- Video views via heatmaps
- Student assignment submissions
- Toolbar to embed videos directly in Blackboard and Moodle
- Groups – natural confluence rather than rigid Course/Paper enrolment
Echo360 provides release notes that are updated every two weeks. You can read these releases here. Or you can sign-up to our the Otago Capture mailing list, which sends out notifications and a summary when updates are made to the system: