An Announcement is a notice that all staff and students enrolled in your paper can read.
- Announcements (help.blackboard.com)
- Creating Announcements (video)
To add an Announcement:
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements.
- Click the Create Announcement button.
- Enter a subject for the Announcement in the Subject field.
- Enter the body of the message in the Message field.
- Select Not Date Restricted or Date Restricted if you want to restrict the visibility of the Announcement to certain dates/times.
- Ensure you select the Email Announcement checkbox if you would like students to be emailed a copy (recommended)
- If you want to include a Course Link in the Announcement (a shortcut to a piece of content, discussion forum, tool, etc already residing in this paper) click the Browse button, then choose the content you want to link to in the pop-up window.
- Click Submit.
How to turn the Announcements tool on/off:
If you have tried to use Announcements and found it missing, or received a ‘privileges’ error message , you may need to make the tool available again by following these instructions:
- Go to Control Panel > Customisation > Tool Availability
- Find the Announcements in the list and check its ‘availability status’.