What privacy settings are available?
The privacy settings of your site determine how users of your site can access your content, do they need to login with the University of Otago username to view your content or is it free for everyone to see?
There are four main settings you should be aware of:
- Allow search engines to index this site = fully public and can be listed by Google
- Discourage search engines from indexing this site = fully public and unlikely to be listed by Google
- I would like my blog to be visible to registered users of University of Otago Podcasting Service = semi private, anyone who is a member of any other University of Otago Podcast site can see your content
- I would like my blog to be visible only to registered users I add to “Name of your site” = fully private, only users listed in your Users section or class groups AskOtago has added for you can see your content.
How do I change the privacy settings for my site?
To change or view the privacy settings of your site:
- Go to the dashboard of your site (https://podcasts.otago.ac.nz/yoursiteurl)
- Click Settings > Reading
- At the bottom of this page you will see the privacy settings, if you make a change make sure you save it.