Before You Begin
To request a Blog, fill out a Blogs Request Form on the ITS website. Once your form has been processed and your site is set up, you will be notified via email.
To find the form, fo to the Blogs page on the ITS website: http://www.otago.ac.nz/blogging
- Go to http://blogs.otago.ac.nz/yoursitename/ – the url will be provided to you after you site has been set up
- You will either see a login screen, OR you will see your blog (if it is a “public” site). If you do not see a login screen, look in the menu – which by default will appear on the RIGHT side of the window – and click the “Login” link. If the link is not there go to: http://blogs.otago.ac.nz/yoursitename/wp-admin
- Enter your University username and password and click “Login”
- The first time you log in, you will see this message
Welcome to Otago Blogs & Podcasts. Since this is your first visit, you will need to log out and log in again to see all of your blogs and podcasts. You only to do this once
Simply follow the instructions and click on the link to log out, then log in again. You will only have to do this once. This ensures that all of the sites that your user account has been added to all the blogging sites that you need to have access to.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will be inside the site administration area, which is where you can change the settings of your blog. You’re now ready to begin using your site.