What is Posts to Page?
Posts to Page is an optional plugin which allows you to put your posts into a page.
How do I use Posts to Page?
Firstly you will need to activate the plugin on your site, you can do this from the Plugins section of your Dashboard. Find the Posts to Page plugin and click activate.
Once the plugin is active you just need to enter the Posts to Page shortcode (a shortcode is just like a shortcut) into the content of your page and the system will do the rest (Tip: remember to include the square brackets or the system won’t be able to recognise the shortcode)
The shortcode is all the code between and including the square brackets ([ ])
cat_ID=1 is a parameter it means means that all the posts in the uncategorised category will be displayed. You can use many other parameters for other features.
Other Posts to Page parameters:
- ‘cat_ID’ – post category ID you would like to display. The cat_ID equal to 1 is usually the “uncategorised” category.
- ‘show_title’ – true/false the default is true, will show or hide the title
- ‘link_title’ – true/false the default is false, will link the title
- ‘show_content’ – true/false the default is true, will show or hide the content
- ‘show_date’ – true/false the default is false, will show or hide the date
- ‘show_author’ – true/false the default is false, will show or hide the author
- ‘limit’ – This limits the results to a number
- ‘split_point’ – This forces an early split in the results
Examples of parameter usage:
- [posts-to-page cat_ID=1 show_title=true link_title=true] – this will show all the uncategorised posts with their title linked to the full post entry.
- [posts-to-page cat_ID=1 limit=10 show_author=true] – this will show the first 10 posts in the uncatgeorised category with the author of the post also displayed.