The “Course Reports” tool in the Evaluation section of the Control Panel is a useful tool to find out which parts of your course are being utilised. There are four different sorts of course reports: those for the entire Blackboard site (for example, which of your students have accessed your Blackboard site this semester) and those for a specific areas (Forums, Groups and Content Areas). You can also setup statistics for individual content items.
- Generating Course Reports (help.blackboard.com)
- Turning On Statistics Tracking for a Content Item (video)
- Running a Report of All User Activity (video)
- Running a Report of User Activity by Forum (video)
- Running a Report of User Activity by Content Area (video)
- Running a Report of User Activity by Group (video)
- Saving a Course Report (video)
How to turn tracking on for a content item
While in Edit mode find the item you wish to track and select ‘Statistics Tracking (On/Off)’ from it’s drop-down menu. Once this is set up, you can access the statistics reports for the item by selecting ‘View Statistics Report’ from the same drop-down menu.
Where to find the statistics reports
Statistics reports are now known as ‘Course Reports’ and you can find them in the Evaluation section of the Control Panel. You can choose to run several different types of report:
- User Activity in Content Areas This report displays a summary of user activity in Content Areas for the course.
- User Activity in Forums This report displays a summary of user activity in Discussion Board Forums for the course.
- User Activity in Groups This report displays a summary of user activity in Groups for the course.
- Overall Summary of User Activity The report displays user activity for all areas of the course, as well as activity dates, times and days of the week.
Each report can be filtered to display a given range of dates, or a specified group of users.