Podcasts are audio and video resources that are delivered via a webpage, which contains an RSS “feed” so that users can subscribe and receive updates without having to go back and visit the page again. It’s a good way of delivering content that’s added to regularly, like lecture audio recordings or audio-conferences.
It is assumed that you have filled out a Podcasting request, and you have been notified that your site has been set up (and know the url/address). You need to add links to your Blackboard paper yourself – this will not be done for you.
How to add a Podcast site address to Blackboard
Create an External Link to your podcasting website
- Log into Blackboard and go to your paper
- Go to the content area that you want to add the link to (you may even want to create a new content area) – for example, Course Documents.
- Click the Build Content button and select URL
- Give the link a name – for example, “Lecture Podcasts”.
- Paste the url in the “url” box: http://podcasts.otago.ac.nz/papercode/
- Type any additional instructions in the “text” box: for example, “You will need to log in with your university username and password”.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.